In the remote Argentine Pampas you can find an incredible forest formed in the shape of a guitar. More than 35 years ago, Pedro Ureta unexpectedly lost his wife to a brain aneurysm. Devastated by the loss of his love, he decided to create a shrine to her memory in their field that could only be seen above-head from an airplane. Ureta chose aguitar because it was his late wife’s most loved instrument.
A bridge that repurposes abandoned viaducts, produces energy AND looks futuristically sleek? Yes, it can be true, and it is Italy’s proposed Wind Turbine Viaduct called “Solar Wind.” Southern Italy is dotted with unused viaducts, and rather than spending $50 million to tear them down, town officials near Calabria held a competition called “Solar Park South,” open to designers and engineers asking them to come up with an environmentally conscious way to re-use the existing structures.
Solar Wind, conceived by the design team of Francesco Colarossi, Giovanna Saracino and Luisa Saracino, has an abundance of green benefits. Using the space between the viaduct, the team proposed installing 26 wind turbines, which would produce 36 million kilowatt hours of electricity per year!
Additionally, the roadway across the bridge would be densely lined with solar cells coated in clear plastic, producing another 11.2 million kilowatt hours. Much like New York’s Highline, but on a much more grandiose scale, the entire viaduct itself would be turned into a promenade and park. Drivers may pull off to take in gorgeous coastal views, solar powered greenhouses would be installed along the bridge, creating an ultra-fresh farmer’s market.
The entire structure is like a green Utopia, repurposing abandoned structures, producing a combined 40 million kilowatt hours of electricity (that is enough to power 15,000 homes), while creating a chance to take in the surrounding panoramic views, and buy the freshest of produce! Sounds much better than merely tearing down the old viaducts
1. Smile. As the quote goes, “I’ve never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.”
2. Be there for someone who needs you
3. Make a sacrifice for someone you love.
4. Admit a mistake, even if it’s hard to say you’re wrong, and work to make amends.
5. Share your struggles, putting your ego aside, to make someone else feel less alone.
6. Create something that helps people. A song, a blog, a support group, a non-profit–anything that inspires.
7. Help a child feel good about him or herself.
8. Tell person which is precious, what you appreciate about them
9. Forgive someone without needing to hear the words, “I’m sorry.”
10. Give someone an uncomfortably long hug when they need it.
11. Create positive energy around you by thinking positive thoughts and acting with positive intentions.
12. Sit with reality without judging anyone or anything.
13. Accept someone for who they are trying to change
14. Treat people like you want to be treated.
15. Notice something simple things but beautiful in the world…
16. Acknowledge the beauty in others, instead of feeling threatened or competing with other people.
17. Be the change you want to see in the world, as per Gandhi’s suggestion.
18. Tap into your personal power and do something that makes a difference in the world.
19. Find strength in a challenging moment. It’s not easy to do, and you deserve credit for it.
20. Talk kindly about the world around you instead of gossiping
21. Forget yourself for a minute and do nothing but listen to someone who needs it.
22. Measure a person by their best moments, not their worst.
23. Give yourself the same courtesy–focus on the good you’ve done, not the mistakes you’ve made.
24. Make someone laugh. A smile can literally melt stress and pain away. How beautiful of you to do that for someone else!
25. Make someone cry–tears of joy that is. People want to feel moved, inspired, motivated. Never underestimate the power of touching someone’s heart.
26. Keep an open mind instead of sticking with a judgment or assumption.
27. Be the voice of optimism when the people around you need it badly.
28. Show humility when your accomplishments would make it easy to stand above people.
29. Show unbridled enthusiasm for someone special that excites you.
30. Hear what someone means, not just what they say.
31. Imagine a world where people know peace, and do one small thing to create it.
Now, fly like a butterfly…
The collaboration of Chadwick Gray and Laura Spector led to this project called Museum Anatomy. Using the human body as a canvas new light is shed on some forgotten paintings.
be like a river…
be like night…
be like dead…
be like earth…
be like a sea…Either exist as you are,
or be as you look.